Involving Children and Young People in shaping research
Here, we collate a number of Network resources focused on involving children and young people in shaping research.
PPI in Children and Young People seminar series
In 2021 and 2022, the PPI Ignite Network @ DCU collaborated with national office to deliver two seminar series on this topic. Here you will find links to the seven recorded webinars, now available on the PPI Ignite Network @ DCU YouTube channel.
2021 seminar series:
- Involving children and young people – a right’s based approach Prof Laura Lundy, Queen’s University Belfast
- Scaling up participatory health research with children and young people Prof Lisa Gibbs, University of Melbourne
- Young People Advisory Groups- Developing and operating YPAGs Dr Jennifer Preston, Adit Bassi and Daisy Barrick
- Embedding PPI with children and young people in Tusla practice and policy Dr Edel Tierney, Tusla Child and Family Agency, Eve Shields and Róisín Bailey
2022 seminar series
- Practical techniques and participatory methods for embedding children and young people’s involvement in health and social care research Dr Louca-Mai Brady, University of Hertfordshire
- Establishing the Young Person’s Advisory Group at the National Children’s Cancer Service Dr Peter McCarthy National Children’s Cancer Service and John Mitchell, Barretstown
- Research and data project examining the lives of children in care and adults who were in care as children: planning for the inclusion of public and patient involvement Dr Sadhbh Whelan, Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth with Marian Brattman and William McNamara, Tusla Child and Family Agency.
PPI in Research Conference at NUI Galway 2022
Check out two excellent presentations from the Galway 2022 conference:
- Dr Jenny Preston: Tailoring PPI approaches with children and young people: lessons learned
- Dr Edel Tierney & Joe Murphy: Embedding PPI in Research Ethics Structures
Link to file:
No file is available for this resource.